|About MTM Journal
MTM Journal is a new international refereed journal with an Editorial Board comprised of leading scholars in the field of translation studies. MTM aims at starting and promoting a discussion on the particularities of translation from major into minor languages and vice versa, as well as of translation between minor languages.
By the term minor language, we mean either a language of limited diffusion or one of intermediate diffusion compared to a major language or language of unlimited diffusion.
By the term major language, we mean either a language of unlimited diffusion such as English, or a language that enjoys major status within a state where other, officially recognised minor languages are also spoken (e.g. Finnish as an official language in Finland compared to Swedish).
MTM will be published provisionally as one volume per year.
Contributions are welcome in one of the following languages: English, German, French, Spanish or Italian.
All articles must be accompanied by an abstract of about 200 words in English.
Call For Papers
The 7th volume of the mTm journal will be a special issue on Translation goes Professional. The Tampere School and is inviting contributions.
Articles may be submitted in the following languages: English, German.
1. Submission of Abstracts (200-300 words): 31 March 2015 by e-mail to our guest editors Annikki Liimatainen (Annikki.Liimatainen@uta.fi), Tiina Tuominen (Tiina.K.Tuominen@uta.fi) and Jürgen F. Schopp (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the Subject line mTm Issue 7.
2. Notification of acceptance: 15 April 2015
3. Submission of full papers: 01 July 2015 to the guest editors Annikki Liimatainen (Annikki.Liimatainen@uta.fi), Tiina Tuominen (Tiina.K.Tuominen@uta.fi) and Jürgen F. Schopp (email@example.com)
4. Reviewed papers to be sent to contributors: 15 October 2015
5. Author guidelines appear in the "Guidelines for Authors"
6. Please feel free to contact the guest editors if you have any questions/concerns: Annikki.Liimatainen@uta.fi, Tiina.K.Tuominen@uta.fi and firstname.lastname@example.org
Important issues and dates
1. Length of full manuscripts: 6,000-7,000 words (+ bibliography)
2. Deadline for sending manuscripts to the editors: 01 December 2015
3. Expected publication date: February/March 2016